July 24, 2012

Missed Connections

TRANSCRIPT:
 Natalie:  Nicole, Hey wuz up?  Nothing much here.  Just waiting around till I can work on the pond.  It's 10:30.  I'll work at 12:00.  It's Saturday.  Did you go to the party on Friday?  What did you tell Nicole?  Yesterday, we went out to eat with the Twidwals [Tidwells], this guys son Mark is so FINE.  After we ate I went to go buy fireworks.  I haven't tried them yet but they look cool, one is called disco flash!  I've got the name of the face wash Brandy uses - Phytosome Nutrient Cream and Moisturizing with Phytosome.  She buys it from a Health food store.  I had to take a break.  I should make 20-25 bucks this trip.  Have you had good luck about any babysitting jobs yet?  Not me.  Well I've got to go! :(  BFF, Natalie
PS - 5:55    Work wasn't that bad.  I [hardly] did anything - also I cut my moms hair - and I'll tell Sally Jessica and Rachell Hi!



A few things:
First, the Mark she refers to is the same Mark I ended up falling in love with and marrying 17 years later and yes, he is SO FINE.
Second, who the hell is Brandy?!
Third, I had zero luck with babysitting that summer and ended up making a pittance doing some dumb chores which my sister then stole from me.
Fourth, my memory is a little foggy but I believe Sally Jessica and Rachell were cows at her dad's east Texas house.  Telling them "Hi" for me might not have been smart since I'm pretty sure one of them is the same cow that came after me when I tried to pet her calf.  Turns out baby cows are not like puppies - you can't go petting them all willy-nilly.
Fifth, remember when $25 was a lot of money?  Can't even fill up the gas tank with that pocket change now but back then that was your ticket to financial freedom!

1 comment: