January 9, 2013

The Friend Zone


TRANSCRIPT:  
Marleta:  NICOLE -
Wuz up?  Nothin much here, just chillin.  Timmy just asked me out.  I said MAYBE.  I want to say "No", though.  I'm going to ask out Justin ____!  I don't think I'll be able to spend the night Saturday!  Do you think we could go to Funscape?  I hope so!

Love,
Marleta
W/B



Ah, the Friend Zone.  I was totally there with dreamboat Jesse.  Nothing like hearing your crush talk about his girl problems.  "Why can't I meet a nice, normal girl?  Boohoo."  UMM, HELLOO?!?!  Ok, I'm not normal, but I'm totally nice and can be sort of cute if you look at me in the right light (or no light).  But poor Timmy.  He was President and CEO of the GMS Friend Zone.  SUPER nice guy, always making everyone laugh (his nickname was "Dopey"), and always willing to listen to your problems.  But he was short, and that's a deal breaker at any age.  I think he asked out every one of us at some point in the 7th grade.  Most of us just said no, but some of us... I don't want to mention any names... would tell him "Maybe" or "I'll think about it" just to give themselves more time to let him down gently.  I can only hope he's crazy-hot and swimming in riches now, so we can all feel like assholes.

No comments:

Post a Comment